Our club offers a range of resources and programs to meet the membership interests, as well as provide learning opportunities to both novice and expert woodturners.
- Membership Benefits Members receive access to an exclusive set of resources, discounts, and educational opportunities sponsored by the club.
- Monthly Meetings We meet on the second Thursday of each month from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) facility located in Redmond, WA.
- Demonstrations We arrange for prestige woodturners to visit the Seattle area and demonstrate at monthly meetings. Additionally, all-day hands-on demonstrations are also arranged for a nominal fee.
- Sawdust Sessions We schedule group sessions where interested members can practice new techniques using the club’s equipment, while receiving instruction from experienced members.
- Mentor Program Experienced members volunteer to provide guidance, and offer one-on-one training for novice woodturners seeking to improve their technique or knowledge.
- Wood Rats We actively seek opportunities to acquire free wood in the Puget Sound Area made available through donations to the club. We organize “Wood Rats” excursions for members to cut, gather, and haul it away.
- Resources We maintain a chapter library of books and videos, which members can check-out on a monthly basis. We also publish a monthly newsletter.
- Community Outreach We annually demonstrate woodturning at community events and participate in multiple charity activities.