Some woodturning clubs hold regional events. We list below key symposiums in our Western part of the country (keep in mind that Eastern clubs hold similar ones). Also note many of the regional clubs hold one day events, with 1- 2 demonstrators and hands-on opportunities. In particular, the Olympic Woodturners, Northwest Woodturners, and Yellowstone Woodturners strive to sponsor such an event each year. For full details on woodturning events both locally and across the country, consult the AAW calendar.
- Oregon Woodturning Symposium, March 15-17, 2019, Albany Oregon. A smaller-size group (approximately 240 people) that meets on the odd year.
- SWAT (Southwest Association of Turners), August 23-25, 2019, Waco, TX. This is one of the largest regional events, with 800 attendees in 2018.
- Utah Woodturning Symposium, May 16-18, 2018, Provo, Utah. One of the oldest and best known regional symposia.
- Rocky Mountain Woodturning Symposium, TBD (usually in September), Loveland, CO. This will be the nineteenth year for this event.
- Ohio Woodturning Symposium, Turning 2019 – October 17 -20, 2019, West Harrison, OH. A large event typically in October and sponsored by Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild. Check website for updates.