Some woodturning clubs hold regional events. We list below key symposiums in our Western part of the country (keep in mind that Eastern clubs hold similar ones). Also note many of the regional clubs hold one day events, with 1- 2 demonstrators and hands-on opportunities. In particular, the Olympic Woodturners, Northwest Woodturners, and Yellowstone Woodturners strive to sponsor such an event each year. For full details on woodturning events both locally and across the country, consult the AAW calendar.
- SWAT (Southwest Association of Turners), August 23-25, 2019, Waco, TX. This is one of the largest regional events, with 800 attendees in 2018.
- Rocky Mountain Woodturning Symposium, September 13-15, 2019, Loveland, CO. This will be the 21st year.
- Ohio Woodturning Symposium, Turning 2019 – October 17 -20, 2019, West Harrison, OH. A large event typically in October and sponsored by Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild. Check website for updates.
- Utah Woodturning Symposium, May, 2020, Provo, Utah. One of the oldest and best known regional symposia. There are rumours that 2020 will be the last one.
- Oregon Woodturning Symposium, March 19-21, 2021, Albany Oregon. A smaller-size group (approximately 240 people) that meets on the odd year.